Saturday, March 7, 2009

Random busy-ness

It seems that with the new house as our major focus right now, in addition to the day to day stuff in our lives, we are just busy all the time. Steve is especially busy! I'm amazed at how he balances it all. He's really good at it, and runs on very little sleep these days. I'm really no help when it comes to the work being done at the house, so I find that my time is best spent trying to take care of everything else. Keeping our schedules in line, paying bills, household chores, and soon... packing up our things. Oh and most importantly, taking care of the children :o)



The boys have enjoyed helping at the new house. Just yesterday they helped with the demolition of the back porch steps. Steve took video, and I'll add it soon, when I can get the uploader to cooperate! It's funny!



Nolan has yet to take his first official steps. We aren't pushing him, and he isn't offering. He can stand on his own and clap and wave, but just won't even attempt to move. He just plops down and takes off. Soon, he'll surprise himself by just doing it, I think. He is still using the word "ta-da" all the time when he's showing off his skills. He's such a performer!



I'm most certainly entering into the "uncomfortable" 3rd trimester. I'm doing fine, but I can just tell that my belly and baby Chaille are growing by leaps and bounds. The heartburn is getting increasingly worse (thank heavens for Tums :o), I'm getting increasingly more tired (especially by eight o'clock or so in the evening), and it is getting increasingly harder to bend over (which is sort of a necessity when you have a 13 month old who won't walk!) But honestly, I'm doing ok with it. I'm just thankful that these complaints are VERY VERY minor!



Today has been a nice reprieve from the busy-ness. Steve is working an overtime shift, and the boys and I have enjoyed a day at home. We are all a little grumpy and tired, so today has been a good day to be home and just do "home" stuff. They have played outdoors in our beautiful, but windy, 70 degree weather. And we've done lots of playing and very little work! That makes for a very nice Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment