Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I ♥ Being a Mommy!

The sun finally came out today! And that does wonderful things for the spirit, especially after weeks of drab. We've had a wonderful day so far, just playing and being together. I try not to take for granted the time I get to spend with my children, but sometimes I forget just how blessed I am to be able to be home with them! I honestly ♥ being here and being with them every day. I love experiencing each new word, milestone, "trick," and learning experience. And I love being here for Avery when he gets out of school each day.

I've been more intentional lately in my parenting, particularly in giving them my attention. It is amazing how they eat that up. And, as easy as being distracted is, it is even easier when you are attentive! I think that I often believe that I'll get more done if I go gung-ho on my cleaning. But, you know, I've found that I get more done if I am gung-ho into being with my children and save the cleaning for naptime, bedtime, or before they get up in the morning. Part of it, I think is the fact that they aren't as messy when I play with them. And they are SO stinking creative! Today we've completely kept the Wii off and the television for the most part. They've not even seemed to care!

I used my phone to take a few pictures recently. I wish my other camera wasn't eating batteries. I hope I can replace it soon. For now, enjoy the few pictures I took (all of Nolan and Chaille...) More soon, I hope...

Chaille loves to carry toys around, particularly balls.

Such a happy girl. She crawls around everywhere and is always in middle of what is going on!

Nolan trying to avoid me. But he was so cuddly & cute this morning!

I find this picture especially adorable. My "babies" are getting big!

Chaille's hair is getting long on top. I ♥ putting bows in it :o)

Me and my girl, this morning. She had just woken up, and was so adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment