Steve and I had a wonderful time away over the past weekend, celebrating our 10th anniversary. We want to say THANK YOU to our parents (both sets) who kept the kids for the weekend, allowing us the opportunity to go. We stayed just outside of Bloomington in an AWESOME cabin that was (nearly) secluded. We did have some people walk down to the lower end of the big lake on Saturday, but otherwise, we had the smaller private lake to ourselves. If you want to check out the website of the place that we stayed, here is there website. (http://www.antlerlogcabins.com/mooseheadCabin/) Otherwise, here are some pictures from the cabin:
This is the view from the lane, as you drive in!
The private lake from the levee. The fish we ended up catching were from the bigger lake, which is behind us in this picture.
The living room, with the downstairs bed right behind. So beautiful and clean and relaxing!!!
The hot tub was great and VERY relaxing! We could sit and watch the Reds on the television through the door, which we both enjoyed!
The front porch.
It had a nice gas fireplace, which was not necessary on the beautiful, sunny, warm weekend!
The monster bass that I caught late Saturday evening. I hadn't caught a fish all day, and was not prepared for taking a picture with one... but Steve insisted that we get a picture since it was catch and release only :O)
We had a FABULOUS time together. It was so much fun to put our responsiblities aside for a couple of days and focus on having fun together. On Friday, I seriously felt like a teenager again, out dating and doing whatever we wanted. By Sunday, we were missing the children SO badly! But I LOVED the time together and would do this EVERY anniversary if we could afford it!!!







JENN! That cabin is AMAZING! and that fish is HUGE! Good job! I am glad you had a wonderful time! You and Steve definately deserve the one on one. :) Happy Anniversary again to the both of you!
ReplyDeleteWow! Ok, I have never caught a fish that huge before~! You rock! Glad you had a great time and a chance to reconnect.
ReplyDelete