Spring has arrived, and we are about to embark on another season of having 4 children in sports. We have teams finalized and the fun of practice begins in the near future. This week and next, the kids are on spring break. Steve is home with them 8 of the 10 week days, which is quite a change. Meanwhile I'm working and making the best of it. :)
Speaking of work, I still enjoy my job. I thought I'd miss teaching when spring break rolled around, but I really don't. Of course I would love to be off with my kids, but break isn't really a break when you have to catch up and then try to get ahead for teaching. At least with this job when I have a day off, I truly have a day OFF. This weekend was so relaxing. I was able to work around the house and not think about school or getting the kids ready for a week of school. I'm truly content in this job. I'm thankful.
The kids have been on and off sick this winter. Nothing that we've seen the doctor for much, but just little bug types of sick. Chaille had a stomach bug 3 months in a row. Nolan had it twice. Steve has had a nagging cough all winter. I'm so ready for summer weather and for this junk to move on! We have had some nice, spring-like days, but not lasting just yet. We are all ready for it to stay, but know that we have another couple of months of chilly days off and on.
I've made my blog private again, and am working on making our lives a little quieter. Steve and I both got new Bibles in the message version. We plan to study it together (or rather, he will help me as I study.) I'm looking forward to focusing inward and becoming more devoted to my home than the outside world. I love being a friend, but I hate being caught up in drama. Seems drama shows up at my door a lot, and my goal is to start shutting that out. I'm ready for calm, family, love. Drama can shove off. :)
Well, I'm at work and I need to get back to it. As baseball and softball begin, I plan to add more pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment