Well... Ike has become a Category 4 hurricane and the Task Force has been re-mobilized and is STAYING in Houston for the time being. Steve says it may be next Friday or later. I'm bummed, I have to admit. But, we are doing fine and have been blessed to be surrounded by family and friends every day so far. The boys are doing ok right now, and I think we've fallen into a pretty good routine on our own.
Maybe this was what God has been preparing me for... the more I think about it and the longer Steve is gone, the more I realize that it probably is. I mean, I'm not good at change and I'm not usually content in situations like these. Surprisingly though, I've handled this time pretty well. I'm making the best of the time and enjoying the time that we have had to spend with our family and friends. I consider myself richly blessed over and over again... God continues to provide in so many ways, and I never doubt that He will continue to do so.
I'd appreciate greatly any prayers that you would offer up on Steve's behalf. I know that what he is doing is a very noble thing, and I could not support him more! I just want him to be healthy and safe while he is away. And, I'd like for him to be just as content away from home as we have been here at home (and I think he has been thus far!) This season is surely a short one, and we'll be through it in no time!
No comments:
Post a Comment