In my last post, I warned you that an emotional post would be coming... If you hate those, this isn't the one for you to read...
The end of last week was a real struggle for me. I struggled to find motivation, energy, and even happiness. I was starting to wonder if, and why I might be depressed. Spring has ALWAYS been my favorite season. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't MAKE myself find happiness. It was frustrating for me, and I know that Steve was worried about me. He does that anyway!
Finally, in processing how I felt, I realized that the last time I felt this way was when I was postpartum with Avery and Silas. I at least had the baby blues after they were born, if not Post Partum Depression. And then I started thinking about recent changes in my life. And I realized that weaning Chaille from nursing (albeit slowly) has my hormones changing. And I don't deal well with it AT ALL. So, just knowing what is happening is helping. Realizing that this is normal and that it should be temporary is enough to really make me feel better. I can be honest with those around me, informing them when I'm just being hyper-sensitive (and boy am I ever, lately!) And i have to remind myself to try not to overwhelm others with it.
It doesn't help that the kids are all dealing with colds and runny noses (as well as Chaille's ear infections!) It has been a tough week in that regard as well. I'm hoping that we had a rough end to last week, so that this week can end wonderfully! We are expecting 70 degree temperatures and sunshine at the end of this week. I'm hoping that the weather will hold up to those predictions, and that my children will all feel better! This week could end MUCH better than the last one ended!
Pray for me, if you will. I want to ease out of this pretty quickly. I'm tired of being on the verge of tears for no reason. I want to start to experience more happiness with everything. I have a million reasons to be happy. And I truly want to BE HAPPY with all of my blessings. Thank you in advance for your prayers and for loving me even in the brokenness of this moment!
WARNING! WARNING! PRAYERS COMIN' AT CHA. ;) Hang in there Jenn! I know the ups and downs with the weather don't help and the break in routine sometimes messes us moms up too, but things will get better. If you need anything hit me up! :)
ReplyDelete