Friday, April 16, 2010

Ear Rechecks

This morning I had to take Nolan and Chaille back to Dr. Halter's for ear rechecks following their ear infections from last monday.  Here is a picture of them in the waiting room (gasp... I really DO let my kids play with the toys at the doctor's office!!! I like to live on the edge, ha ha...  and I know that they sanitize them twice a day, for what that's worth...)


So, I expected this to be an uneventful visit, just a quick one where Dr. Halter tells us that the antibiotic did the trick.  Not so much...

He checked Nolan out first, and he said that his ears have cleared up, but his left ear is perforated.  His tube is out and laying in the ear canal, so it is possible that it fell out recently and the ear hasn't healed yet.  But to be sure, he wants to check him again in a couple of months.  If it doesn't heal on its own, we will have to go back to the ENT, to have it repaired.

Chaille was next, and unfortunately after two rounds of antibiotics she STILL has a raging ear infection in BOTH ears.  Poor girl.  He is treating her with yet another antibiotic and some allergy medicine.  If the combination doesn't work this time, she will be seeing the ENT herself. :O(  I just pray that we can get her ears cleared up once and for all.  She doesn't ACT like they bother her, which is a real blessing.

Well, a storm is rolling through, so I'm going to turn the computer off for now.  Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment