The New Year is bringing a small change for our family; Steve returned to shift life today in his new role as captain! He was so excited, and I know this will mean less stress for him. The kids don't remember a life of him on duty hours, so this will be a major adjustment foe them. But today has been good, despite being somewhat "snowed in " It helps that they are a little older now than when he worked 24 hours before.
In other ways, our life is pretty status quo. The boys start baseball on Monday. I'm not sure I'm ready for that already... But it is that time.
Contrary to last year, I'm not dreading going back to school next week. I'm ready. And I'm enjoying work so much. Amazing the difference a year can make!! I'm happy, and hopefully now Steve will also be very happy at work.
family life is good. We are enjoying our kids at their current, ever more independent stages. I will do my best this year to keep updated. I've logged off Facebook for the year, so hopefully I'll fill my spare time here more often!
Happy New Year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment