Wednesday, February 16, 2011

21 Months

 Chaille turned 21 months on Sunday.  It is so hard to believe that our "baby" is almost 2!  She's got so much personality these days, and I wanted to be sure to document what she is like at this age.  I'm so afraid that I won't remember all of the fun "quirks" of the kids!  So, I'll use pictures to help me here:



This picture sums up a lot of her personality.  She's VERY clingy to mommy, so usually when I'm in the kitchen working, she's either at my feet or sitting on the counter.  She love love loves her jammies and really ALL of her clothing, and she is frequently wearing "layers" of stuff that she insists on putting on.  She also wants shoes on all of the time!  She is a real dress up princess for sure.  And.. She is in love with peanut butter too.  She dips her finger in it and then licks it off. 

She is also IN... TO... EVERYTHING!  Silas failed to eat his carrots for lunch one day, so she helped herself!
Uh oh, caught in the act...
Oh well.  Mommy agreed that carrots were a good snack, so I got to keep eating them! :O)

Chaille is also very cuddly at this age.  She gives the BEST hugs and kisses.  Daddy wouldn't let her go because this hug made him SO SO happy.  He'd have held on forever, if Chaille would have let him!  The jacket she is wearing is her FAVORITE.  I have to hide it from her when I don't want her to wear it, because if she can see it, she MUST be wearing it!

You can tell by the face that she is loving this hug as much as her daddy!

Somedays, I just really wish that they didn't have to keep growing up.  Other days, I love to reflect on the ways that they are maturing and I love  their new "phase"  just as much as the old one.  I know that they MUST grow up, and boy oh boy, is Chaille ever doing so at a fast pace!  She already is starting into 3T clothing and wears size 7 shoes.  I think I can already hear the phone ringing with college recruiters wanting a super tall athlete... :O)  Or maybe I'm just dreaming...

No comments:

Post a Comment