Silas had his third birthday today! We had his party down at Grandma and Grandpa Frye's. We really wanted to campout tonight, but the rain started right about the time his party started. I don't remember sending an invite to Mother Nature, but she sent the rain anyway. It was still a great time, and the trees worked like a giant umbrella shielding us from the drizzling rain.
Silas was blessed to have 8 of his 9 grandparents attend his party. And he was very polite thanking everyone for his gifts. He's such a sincere boy anyway! And I think he genuinely loved his special day. He doesn't require a lot of frills, he just likes to be celebrated!
He woke me up this morning saying "It's my birthday ALL DAY today!" How cute! And this evening after spending some time at the pond with his daddy he said "it's a good day!" Steve was so proud. Steve says he loves that little boy so much it hurts. I can relate. I love my boys so much I tear up typing about all of the wonderful things they do and say. They make life special, that's for sure. And they give life meaning too.
Here are some pictures from Silas' special day:

Our 3 Year Old with his backpack from Grandma and his birthday balloons!

Silas opening one of his cards as Avery anxiously awaits. Silas told Avery that he would share his gifts :o)

Yummy! Birthday cake and homemade ice cream!!!

The cake Silas picked out himself!

I thought this picture was very special. Nolan being held by his Great-Grandma Shell and his Great-Grandma Frye! What a memory!
What a great picture with the great grandmothers! Very sweet! I can't believe how big the boys have gotten! We miss you guys!
ReplyDelete