Last night we were riding in the van. We had been out for ice cream and the boys were thirsty. Steve took them into a gas station to get drinks. When we were back on the road, out of nowhere Silas said "I love my Dad, 'cause he's my friend!" We both choked back tears at the sincerity of the statement. Silas has his daddy wrapped around his finger, and comments like that just make Steve melt!
The other day we were on our way to town when Avery and Silas had their very own conversation in the backseat. I'll try to recount it as closely as possible:
A: Silas when me and you get older we won't live together anymore.
S: What?
A: When we get older we'll live in our own houses. I'll find someone and you'll find someone, and Nolan will find someone and we'll have our own houses.
S: And Daddy will find someone? (once again...Daddy's boy!)
A: Daddy already found a girl, he found Mommy!
S: And Mommy will find a girl?
A: No Mommy found a boy, Daddy!
S: And I'll find a boy?
A: No, you'll find a girl and I'll find a girl, and Nolan will find a girl. We have to find a girl who has never been married. And we'll get married and live together forever and ever.
S: Forever and ever?
A: Yes, forever. And I'll bring my girl and we'll visit you and you can bring your girl and visit me. And we can make our own rules when we have our own houses.
S: What? (this is what Silas says when he doesn't understand)
A: You heard me! (this is what I taught Avery to say when Silas says what all the time!)
It is so much fun to listen to them talk and learn together. Sometimes they have some very genuine conversations that I know will make them the best of buds in the future. Sometimes they are immature conversations about nothing. Either way, I think that the best sound in the world is these brothers talking together. How special that God has given them one another. I feel blessed that they are in our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment