Wednesday, December 24, 2008

OH.... The Excitement!

This Christmas season has been one of much excitement at our house. The boys are VERY into it this year. And tonight, Christmas Eve, is the epitomy of excitement for them. We had dinner with Grandma Darlene and Papaw Bobby and then visited Daddy at the station. Daddy had presents for them to open! Their new pajamas and slippers!!! Our Christmas Eve tradition.

After we left the station we headed out to see some Christmas lights. Now that we are home, it's comical to listen to the excitement spilling from their room! At current count, Silas has been up 3 times to "see if Santa has come!" No matter what I tell him, he just refuses to believe that he has to sleep for Santa to arrive. He's a night owl anyway, so I may have a hard time outlasting him tonight! :)

Steve and I have had several conversations lately about how Christmas means so much when you have children. Of course this excitement is much of it. But I can also imagine the excitement that Mary and Joseph felt that first Christmas. Awaiting the birth of their baby boy, The Miracle Child from God! Despite the exhaustion from travelling to Bethlehem, the discomfort of staying in a stable because the inn was full, and all that goes along with being "with child," our Savior was born this night. And Christmas is special because Christ was born! WE ALL HAVE SOMETHING TO BE EXCITED ABOUT THIS CHRISTMAS EVE!

God bless you family and friends and Merry Christmas to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Jen! I love reliving the excitement through our children. I can't wait for Hailey to be Avery & Silas' age and hardly be able to sleep! And yes, I too, was thinking of Mary & Joseph tonight. I was trying to imagine how they would be on their long walk to Bethlehem at this time right now and that Jesus would be born some time tonight. Then tomorrow, the wisemen would get the news that Jesus had been born and they would begin their journey. It reminds me that each year we continue our journey to see Him as well. Merry Christmas to all of you!

    ReplyDelete