Friday, April 9, 2010

You know you are the mother in a large family when...

1) You can tell that the seasons are changing by the amount of laundry that is being produced! (I ♥ summer!)
2) You don't even consider using just one pound of hamburger, chicken, etc... any more when making supper (or one batch of pancake batter...)
3) You are playing with the kids when suddenly you realize that one of them is missing, and you aren't sure for how long they've even been missing.
4) You've been changing diapers for 7 years straight (with no apparent end in sight!)
5) You require 2 carts to get enough groceries for the week.
6) A loaf of bread is enough to make one meal for the family!
7) You buy things in bulk, but that really doesn't last any longer than the smaller amounts used to!
8) You can tell by looking in the toilet WHO forgot to flush... (Eww..)
9) You leave the house with multiple snot marks at various heights on your pants from goodbye hugs (this one is for Steve!)
10) You lose count of the number of times someone hugs, kisses, or climbs on you in one day!  (or even tells you "momma, I need you!" like Nolan has lately!)

I don't regret a single one of the above.  And I could probably come up with MANY more with time.  And #10 makes it ALL worth it!  Feel free to comment and add to the list.  I know that many of you relate and could share how YOU know that you have large families. :o) I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment