Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer Camp!

Avery started asking back in the winter if he could go away to a summer camp.  Well, we couldn't find one that he was old enough to go to.  But at VBS they showed a video promoting kids camp through our church, and he IS old enough to go.  So we sent him off today for 2 nights at summer camp!  The good news is that he is with familiar friends and adults too.  He was so excited and was not upset about being gone at all until... I told him that I was proud of him.  Right after I told him that, I took his picture with Rylee, and you can tell he was a little choked up still (but that's ok, because I drove away crying...) 

He got to ride down with Rylee and her aunt, Mary.

Our big kid! Can't believe he is old enough to stay away at a summer camp!

1 comment: