Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tuesday 1/14 Ordinary Day

The days I love most in life are the "ordinary days." Those days where you just do routine, live, and love those God has blessed you with. Today was an ordinary day. We spent our morning thanking God that we were running behind, which kept us out of an accident on the way to school. We spent our day at school, and Steve spent his in a meeting. We came home and Steve fixed a wonderful dinner and we ate around the table as a family, as we often do. And after dinner, we had homework and playing and lots of love. It is in the days like this that I know memories are formed most. In the travel time and dinner time conversations that we produce the most fruitful discussions. And in the tucking in that kids are assured that they are loved by both their parents and their Heavenly Father.

Lord, we don't live a perfect life, but thank you for these blessings. Thank you for the ordinary days. I know that one day I will long for just one more of these. I treasure this gift of family and love. You are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment