Monday, January 12, 2015

Catching Up

Anymore it seems that all I do on this blog is "catch-up."  I'm hoping that now, with my new job, I'll be able to post more often about what is going on with our family.  And, I'll add pictures too, if the computer will cooperate. :)

Looks like it WILL cooperate.  This was our tree on Christmas morning.  Santa was generous to the kids this year.  I took all of our Christmas morning photos on the camera, and not my phone, so I don't have pictures to post of Christmas day. 



Chaille did a lot of early waking over Christmas Break, but she often came and climbed into our bed and went back to sleep.  I probably have 100 pictures of Chaille sleeping.  It doesn't get any less adorable to me.


Silas bought a Big Joe chair with the money my grandma sent him this year.  Gunner decided it would be a great place for him to sit.

Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa Frye was delayed this year, due to Grandpa Lucian's funeral.  It was new year's eve before we were able to celebrate, and the kids really enjoyed having Christmas again after a week off from celebrations.  Here are a few pictures from our Christmas with the Frye's:







Well, let me do a little catching up on what's going on in the world of our family.  I'll try to be brief now, and then I can do a better job of blogging here from now on:

Chaille is doing awesome.  Growing so fast and doing super in school.  Her behavior is great in school, and the week before Christmas break she clipped up to purple 4 days out of the 5.  Her favorite Christmas gift was a cardboard play house that she can color.  The boys have enjoyed helping her decorate it too.  She is enjoying ballet, and this week starts Math Pentathalon after school.

Nolan is doing very well also.  He's matured so much lately, and he's so tall and thin these days.  He will be 7 here in February, and he's stoked to have another Super Bowl Birthday party, this year with our friend Dana sharing the celebration.  He is doing fine in school, but Steve and I agree that he needs the most help to stay ahead.  He's so content to just run and play.  School isn't his priority.  He is also starting Math Pentathalon this week.

Silas is 9 going on 19 these days.  He's starting using his tablet to track workouts, and is pushing himself to get stronger and faster.  He's doing awesome in school, and loves the projects that his teacher gives him.  He's just one of those kids who seems to excel at whatever he does.  And he still aims to please (which is great when it comes to cleaning, because he is awesome help!)  He starts baseball workouts tomorrow and Math Pentathalon this week. 

Avery is 11, and going through some big changes.  I can tell emotionally that he is preparing for junior high in a big way.  He is doing great in school and finished the first semester with all A's and one high B.  He is really into football still, and says that this will be his last year of baseball.  He and Silas are on the same team again this year, so he starts workouts tomorrow too, and Stretch after school where he will be learning French!  He also is excited to be learning to play guitar as part of his education at school.

Steve is working a shift schedule and then is a HUGE help at home.  He keeps the laundry going, and makes dinner most of the nights he is home.  He's a bit bored with being home so much, and is searching for some land nearby, so that we can raise some animals and garden in the summer.  We have our eye on one piece of property that is just 2 miles away.  It is pending, but the realtor said that, due to some zoning issues, the people who are buying it may back out.  They want to build a home there, but we wouldn't.  It may work out in our favor!  I'm certainly praying!!!

I started my new job with the city a week ago today.  I already love my new schedule and the lack of stress from not teaching.  I'm excited to feel like myself again, and can't help but wonder if the migraines I had been having will just completely stop.  I haven't had one yet!  And I can tell that my blood pressure is down.  It's fabulous.  I'm looking forward to getting back into a cleaning routine and a workout routine.  I gave the house a top to bottom yesterday, and now have a daily schedule to stay on top of it.  I'm in love with having my evenings and weekends to fully devote to my family now.  And the job is great.  I work with some lovely ladies, and love the adult interaction.  I had really missed that with teaching.

Well, I've been working on personal things a lot this afternoon.  I'd better get busy at work.  I'll be back to blog again soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment