Friday, May 1, 2009

Progress

Well, I've been slow to update, but we've been busy, of course! The house is coming along and looking better with each completed project. We've been staying here since Friday of last week, and it is starting to feel more and more like home. There is still much to do, and no matter when you may come visit, you are sure to find a project in progress. Here are some pictures from yesterday (and I didn't even straighten before I took them, sorry...)

The dining room. I love this area and sitting as a family eating with few distractions in this room!



The kitchen (with the temporary satellite cable running through, one of our many projects :)



The Family room from the kitchen. It was nap time and Avery was lying on the couch!


The messy Family room from the front door.



On other fronts... it has been one busy week for us. After moving all weekend, we have been trying to settle in. Steve was the lead instructor for a ropes course this week, and that has kept him busy from early morning until late evenings. And... I started having contractions on Sunday, that became very painful and regular on Monday night. We went to labor and delivery where they confirmed that, yes, I was having contractions every 3 to 5 minutes. But, they were not causing any progression into active labor, so I was sent home. They sent me with no pain meds, and nothing to stop the contractions. I've slowly started feeling better this week, but the contractions are still painful, just irregular. On a positive note, if I have not had Chaille by May 13th, they will be inducing labor! So, should I remain uncomfortable, it will only be for 12 more days :) I think I can handle it! And I pray that it isn't as miserable for those next 12 days as this week has been. Here is a picture of Chaille and I at 37 weeks:





I don't know if I can grow much more!!! She's definitely a big girl already!



The boys are doing AWESOME! They have adjusted to the move VERY well! And they have enjoyed it too, as there are new things to do now that we live in town. They find it exciting to walk to the post office or to the park. And, they love it that they are closer to both sets of grandparents! Avery starts his TBall season tomorrow with his first game! He's so excited to belong to a team and can't wait to "verse" other teams (his term for competition.) I'll have to update with pictures of him playing in his uniform after his game (which may end up rained out if the weather does what they are predicting!) Nonetheless, I'll add pictures of him when we do finally play!
I'll be back with more updates on this busy family soon! And I greatly look forward to settling in as the summer progresses!!!



1 comment:

  1. I love your belly! Thanks for taking a picture of yourself.

    The floors in your house are beautiful! I can't wait to come visit you, the boys, and soon baby Chaille.

    ReplyDelete