Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of Preschool

Today was "Orientation" for Silas' preschool class at the YMCA. It was essentially his first day, although his official first day will be September 1st. He stayed all day, and I had a short parents meeting to attend and then left him on his own. He was so excited that he couldn't hardly sleep last night. When he got up this morning, he ran straight to the clothes I had laid out for him and began getting ready! It reminds me so much of Avery that first morning of preschool, and makes me sad to think that it has been 2 years since that day... Seems like yesterday!

Here are some pictures from Silas' first day:


Grandma Debbie kept the babies so that I could attend the parents' meeting. Nolan had a wonderful time playing, and Chaille was a really good girl! Here is a picture of Nolan playing with Grandma:


There were no tears today on Silas' behalf or Mommy's! I must say it is so sad when I realize how quickly they are growing up. Time just slips away.
I was a bit disappointed to find out that I have to walk Silas into school and then out of school every day. He is totally worth it, but this will mean dragging 3 other children into the building in the winter, just to grab Silas and buckle them right back into the van. Ugh... Just not the ideal situation! Avery's preschool just walked the kids straight to and from the car. I'll miss that feature FOR SURE!
And... Chaille ROLLED OVER for the first time yesterday! She went from her belly to her back twice yesterday. She's progressing right on schedule. Yay baby girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment