Monday, August 31, 2009

A New Adventure

Today marked the beginning of a new adventure in our household! I've started providing childcare for two children. Brady and Madelyn, who are 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 are going to start coming to our house on a fairly regular basis. They are family friends, and I think it is going to be a great arrangement for all of us. The kids will be here as needed, and the boys really enjoy having friends here to play with.

This first day has been great so far. The kids have gotten along great and currently ALL of them are sleeping. I think that even Avery may have dozed off today! Maybe??? I don't hear him anyway! The boys have enjoyed showing off their toys, and have played with stuff that they haven't played with for a long time. It's been fun and a great change of pace!

Tomorrow Silas and Brady will both begin their first full week of preschool at the YMCA. Silas is the very first snack leader for the year. He is very very excited for his school career to begin. I'm thinking it is going to be a whirlwind adventure, especially with our new friends coming. Avery will leave for school at 8 (our friend Kristen picks him up!), then Silas has to be at school at 9. We pick Avery back up at 10:45, and then Silas at 11:30. I'm thinking Tuesday and Thursday mornings will be like a blink around here! We'll find out starting tomorrow!

I will add pictures soon of the kiddos playing with their new friends. And I'll pray that the time after naps will be as great as the rest of the day has been so far!

Thanks for reading and keeping up with our crazy life! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment