Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow, snow, and more snow...

Well, this February so far can be summed up in one word SNOWY!  We have had 3 big snows in the last 14 days, and forecasters are saying there is a chance for more snow in the next 7 days.  Wow!  I took some pictures of our snow off of our back deck today (I wasn't going to go out in it to get pictures!)  Anyway, check out the snow on the railing:




And, the crazy thing is that we used the grill right before the first snow.  We accidentally left the cover off, whoops.  Now look at it:


The kids and I have had several "pajama" days lately, choosing not to go out because we don't have to!  Avery only had school last Monday, and then a 2 hour delay on Friday.  So far he has yet to go this week, and tomorrow doesn't look promising since we are having so much blowing and drifting snow.  :O(  Poor kids are going to have to be in school until July, making up all of these days!

Since we have been home, we have done a lot of just playing.  I laughed at myself as I was playing with Chaille today.  She has a doll that is soft and rattles.  The rattle is in the baby's head.  So here I am playing and singing to her "shake the baby, shake the baby."  She is laughing so much and then it dawned on me... I'm telling her to SHAKE a baby!  NO!!!! Chaille DON'T shake the baby... Ha ha...

The boys are enjoying the time at home.  Their favorite form of entertainment has been the Wii.  They have played Lego Batman quite a bit.  I snapped some pictures of them playing this afternoon:


After the first picture of Silas he told me to take another one.  He said "I have another smile too."  He cracks me up!


While the other two were playing Wii, Nolan was enjoying a snack at the table (followed by some playdoh fun)  Here he is cheesing for me:


Maybe one of these days soon the big "melt-down" will begin.  I'm so ready for spring.  For taking walks, playing outside, and trips to the park.  It will be here before we know it, and I CAN'T wait!


More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment