Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Break

Silas was on Spring Break from preschool last week.  This week, it is Avery's Spring Break.  We have enjoyed not having to rush around to have Avery out the door by 8:00!  Otherwise, we have had a fairly "normal" week so far.  Tomorrow, Steve and I are planning to take the kids to a place in Cincinnati called Entertrainment Junction.  It is a train museum with a large play area and lots of things for children.  I hope that they kids will all be able to enjoy it!  If you want to check it out for yourself, here is the website: http://www.entertrainmentjunction.com/

It seems that although we aren't super BUSY with things, I have just been busy with life!  Keeping the laundry and dishes up as well as school stuff and playing, it just doesn't leave a lot of time.  Add to that the workout program, and our days are swamped.  I'm on day 38 of the workouts, just one week away from the "half-way" point.  I love it, and am impressed with the strength I am gaining.  I can finally do a pull-up.  Just one, and only with a reverse grip.  But, it is a huge accomplishment for me!

I'm in a reflective mood lately too, so watchout... this could lead to one of my more emotional blog posts soon.  I think the seasons changing, kids growing, etc. just puts me in that kind of mood.  Plus, I just finished reading Beth Moore's book "So Long Insecurity."  It was a great read, and I'd recommend it to any woman of any age (or man, really!)  But it really changed my outlook on some things.  All in GOOD ways.  I feel almost empowered, but not in a "feminist" kind of way.  It is more about realizing that I can control my own security.  I don't need it wrapped up in what others think of me.  I can choose to feel secure in everything, because I am a Christian and I have all that I need in my Heavenly Father.  You should read it, it is such a good book, and a fast read!

Ok, I'm off.  I left the dishwasher half full of clean dishes (yes, I intentionally used the phrase half full! Wouldn't want to be thought a pessimist!)  Plus, my laundry has yet to fold itself.  Maybe if I fold it creatively, it will un-wrinkle itself from the baskets that it has been sitting in (for anywhere from 1-3 days!!!)  I think I just admitted to being a slacker mom... Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment