What a beautiful, wonderful Mother's Day! I woke up this morning to Avery wanting to bring me breakfast in bed. He brought me toast with butter and grape jelly. Silas brought me some orange Tang to drink. It was such a sweet gesture that they wanted to start my day off with something special! :O) What sweet children I have!
And what wonderful mothers we have been blessed with as well! Sweet, caring, thoughtful, generous, loving... the list goes on and on. Our mothers give without expecting anything in return, and they love us even when we are hard to love! Thank you, God, for the blessings Steve and I have in our mothers.
Today, after breakfast in bed, we headed down to Grandma Frye's for lunch with Steve's family. Then we came back home for a cookout with my family. It was a beautiful, sunny day, albeit a bit chilly. I loved every minute of it though. I'm so incredibly thankful for such wonderful family.
Happy Mother's Day, mom! Look how happy Chaille is to be with this wonderful woman!
Happy Mother's Day to you too, Mom Frye!
Chaille loves her grandmas!
My children make me so thankful that God has blessed me with the role of mother!!!
Yesterday we celebrated Grandpa Shell's 80th Birthday at his favorite restaurant (the Reservation in Milan.) Grandpa was 80 on May 5th. Here are some pictures from his party:
Avery made him a card! So sweet!
Avery entertained Kate and her fiance Nick (and vice versa.) Apparently he told them a pretty raunchy story about "magic" buffalo from the ranch over dinner... Eww... (the "magic" buffalo eat corn on the cob and then the cobs "reappear" in a few days... Thanks to my cousin Scot for providing the dinner story! Yuck...)
Silas and his cousin Hannah are such great buds. They played together all evening!
Nolan was attempting a shot at a second piece of cake. He had already had a piece of chocolate pie and one piece of cake!!!
Look, ma... TWINS :O)
I think this boy outgrew the high chair a few years back! Look how BIG he is!!!
Nolan entertaining Grandpa Frye and Daddy.
Happy 80th Grandpa Shell! We love you!!!
Nick taught Silas how to thumb wrestle. He let Silas win and then Silas ran and told Steve that he beat some "guy" at arm wrestling. I believe there is a BIG difference!! :O)
Grandpa Shell loving on Chaille. Priceless.
Silas Edgar Frye, named after this man, Edgar Shell, and his father, Silas Shell!
Chaille loves Uncle Doug... and he loves her too!
No comments:
Post a Comment