Our Sunday didn't go "as planned," but it was a GREAT day. This is family life at it's very best. We spent the day having fun together ALL day. We started with a trek to McDonald's for breakfast because we were almost out of milk. We quickly realized on our way that the roads had frozen from yesterday's rain and were SLICK! So, our plans to attend Hannah's 4th birthday party were brought to a screeching (or sliding in this case) halt. At first I was bummed, but this day turned out to be perfect. I wouldn't change a single detail! We played video games, watched movies, cuddled, played in the snow, built with blocks, napped (well, only the younger two), and just enjoyed one another's company. We had 3 meals together at our table, which is always a blessing! I took some pictures from our day:
 |
| We had frosted cookies after lunch since we missed out on birthday cake. Chaille ate hers without her hands which was both hilarious and MESSY!!! |
 |
| Nolan cuddled with daddy and watched football with him. |
 |
| Nolan "pushing" snow with his Chevy. |
 |
| Silas was loving this! |
 |
| Avery pushed snow with his Ford! |
 |
| Chaille had trouble staying on her feet in the snow. But she enjoyed it for ten minutes or so! |
 |
| Nolan had his mouth open the whole time he was outside. It was snowing quite hard and he was trying to catch flakes on his tongue! |
 |
| Avery was having so much fun!! |
 |
| Silas had fun too! And he was very handsome in his apparel! |
 |
| I loved the way that the snow stuck to Chaille's lashes. So beautiful and serene. |
 |
| We took a quick "photo break" as Avery called it. I'm always impressed when I get them all four even just looking at the camera at the same time! They did so well for our quick shot! |
 |
| Nolan came straight in to warm up by the fire. Lately he wants just 4 things in life... a movie, hot chocolate, marshmallows, and a fire!! Is this kid a winter kid or what!?! |
 |
| They came in rosy cheeked, wet, and HAPPY! |
 |
| Silas smiles with his whole face when he is SO happy! What a FUN day!!! |
Although I can honestly say I don't miss the snow at all, nor the cold and icy roads...it is so precious to see the pics of your kids playing in it and enjoying it! My favorite is the one of chaille, as she looks like she can barely move in her snowsuit! I can't believe how fast your boys are growing! Makes me realize that it won't be long and our thumper monkey will be grown...maybe one day we'll be in Indiana with thumper monkey when it snows!
ReplyDelete