I truly can't believe that it is just 9 days until Christmas! It is warmer than average and just doesn't really feel like Christmas.
We have school until Thursday and then a teacher workday on Friday. I'm honestly looking forward to the break from school. I can't really explain it, but while I love my job, I'm still feeling the need to get away from it. I've been having some mixed emotions lately, and I'll blog about that sometime later. Let's just say for now that I need some time to rejuvenate for the second semester!
This weekend has been pretty relaxing. We had a Christmas party with my mom's side of the family yesterday, but otherwise spent the weekend as a family. We have played board games and card games and watched Christmas movies together. So relaxing and so wonderful!!! Unfortunately, Silas has been nursing a low grade fever and we have been wondering why. He is a tad congestion and a little achy. I'm praying for him, that he feels back to 100% soon.
This coming week at school we have a lot of interruptions, but I'm guessing it will make the week go fast. I have two students who have earned a chance to be "gym helpers" for their AR prizes and on Tuesday they are putting a mural on the gym wall. I can't wait to see it. Wednesday the kids who met AR goals get to go to the movies, and Thursday will be class parties for Christmas. I'm hoping that the busy-ness of it all helps us all not think about what happened in Connecticut this past Friday. Unthinkable and very heartbreaking!
Well, Steve should be home soon with pizza and then we are going to play a game of Life before starting our bedtime routine. I promise to blog more this week with pictures.



No comments:
Post a Comment