Monday, February 23, 2009

Baby and Me

Wednesday will mark 28 weeks into my pregnancy with our baby girl, and the third and final trimester. And, up until this past weekend, I've felt amazing for being pregnant! But Saturday morning I woke up with a sore stomach. It felt like I had done crunches all night. More like a muscle soreness than anything. I knew it wasn't labor and so I went about my business as usual. Until about 1:30. Suddenly I realized that I was feeling worse. I laid down and drank plenty of water to only find that it wasn't helping. So, I called the doctor. He was very nice and assured me that it sounded like I had an umbilical hernia, which would not be treated until the baby was born. So... take it easy he said. And I did. (I sort of omitted the fact that I had helped move some furniture the day before...)

But... the day progressed and by night, my whole body hurt. It ached from the base of my neck to my ankles. It felt like the flu, aching like it was in my bones. With some tylenol I was able to catch just a little rest Saturday night. And I spent all of Sunday on the couch. The good news is... I feel much better today! I guess I had a virus or something. It was causing some contractions, but I am too stubborn to go to the hospital over a few early Braxton Hicks! Plus, I see the doctor on Friday and have an ultrasound that day too. I'm sure all is fine. Baby Chaille is moving all over letting me know that she is ok!

I'll leave you with a picture of baby and me that I took today. We are both surely growing!


1 comment:

  1. Jen, you are better than me! I'd be so worried and call the doctor again on Saturday night. I hope you start to feel better soon and everything turns out ok on Friday! Love the picture...you look great!

    ReplyDelete