Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Great Week!

We have had a wonderful week so far! Silas LOVES his new school, and the babysitting job is going great! The kids get along very well and I have only had a few moments where it has been challenging, and those moments were caused by my own children! =O) I expected that there would be challenging moments, but I thought they would be more frequent than they have. God has surely had His hand in this! So far I consider this job a real blessing!

Here are the pictures that I promised of our new friends, Brady and Maddie:

Playin' in the dirt! What a beautiful day!


Nolan swinging. He and Maddie LOVE to be pushed on the swings!

Playing "Hullabaloo" outside. It's a GREAT game for learning colors, shapes, etc.

The boys all wait to hear who the winner is.

They really had a fun time playing together!

More Hullabaloo fun!

Maddie LOVES playing with Chaille. She's a great helper when it comes to taking care of Chaille too!

Maddie wanted me to take her picture. "Cheese!"

Me too, Mommy! "Cheese!" Isn't he getting SO big???
Fun in the bathtub at Grandma Darlene's tonight!


Avery and Silas were able to go with Steve down to Grandma and Grandpa Frye's this evening to go squirrel hunting. Steve texted me that they got one, which he said was not to bad for a herd of hyperactive elephants! =O) I laughed and responded that they must get their hunting abilities from their mother, Momma Elephant! I have the same trouble in the woods!

We have an exciting weekend ahead of us! Chaille and I are going to Illinois with my mom to visit her twin sister, Sharlene. My aunts Cindy and Ginger are going along with a few of my cousins. While Shay and I are gone on our "girls" weekend, the boys will have their own "boys" weekend. Steve is planning to take them camping tomorrow night and then to visit at Grandma and Grandpa Frye's on Saturday. I'm sure they will have a blast! And I'm sure I will enjoy not having to chase anyone around for a couple days.

I'm definately tired from adjusting to our new routine this week. But I'm so glad that I've chosen to watch Brady and Maddie. I'm able to help some friends with their child care, and I am making money doing it! I told Steve tonight too that I'm surprised at how quickly I'm becoming attached to the new children already! I saw something tonight that made me think of them, and I just smiled! I'm starting to really know their personalities and I think it is going to seem like less and less of a job the longer I have them here! It'll be more like they just "belong" here!

I hope all of our friends and family who are reading this will have a WONDERFUL and relaxing Labor Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment