Sunday, August 2, 2009

Overwhelmed...

Steve took Avery and Silas camping tonight. They were very excited to get in one more camping trip before school starts. I cannot believe how this summer has flown past! Baby girl is almost 3 months old and in just 3 days, Nolan will officially be 18 months old! Wow!

We have had a great weekend, and were actually home from Thursday night until tonight when the boys left to go camping and I headed out to the grocery. It was nice to spend time at home, and not HAVE to do anything in particular. That doesn't happen often for us!

I need to admit tonight though, that I have had some rough emotions the last few days. I think it has to do with Steve's fishing trip coming up, although these emotions are in no way his fault! I have just felt "overwhelmed" with the task as the mother of four. There is always so much to be done. And I have had a couple of times recently when I went to leave the house and realized as I started out the door that I had everyone ready to leave but myself!!! I was still in my pajamas and hadn't even brushed my teeth!

I'm sure some other mothers can relate. We become so accustomed to putting our childrens' needs first that we can even forget our own! I know that this is just a phase, and I can see with Avery and Silas that they will all some day be able to do more for themselves and even to help me out!

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to "rush" them growing up AT ALL! I just need to remember how fleeting these days are! I also need to take some time for myself when I start to feel this way. I'm horrible at communicating that need, just ask Steve...

I would never want to change the fact that I have four children in any way. And I wouldn't be anywhere but here with them! There are just times where I get in a rut of doing the same thing day in and day out. And there are four little people who "need" me every day. And that is both a wonderful thing and an overwhelming one at the same time. But you know, God has trusted us with and BLESSED us with HIS CHILDREN!!! I guess when I put it that way, it really makes it all seem easier!

I really believe that, most of the time, our attitude affects EVERYTHING! When I remind myself of the fact that Steve and I don't have these children because of anything other than the fact that God Himself gave them to us, I suddenly rest easier. So, thank you, dear blog, for changing my mind tonight. And thank you, dear friends, for not thinking less of me for "thinking out loud" here!

I guess the only thing I can really be "OVERWHELMED" about is God's love for me! He will see me through, even when the battle is mostly deep within myself!

2 comments:

  1. Chin up! You're an EXCELLENT Mommy! I know it's a lot and sometimes rough, but you're doing a great job. Your kids are happy and healthy and beautiful. That's all you need right there. :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome mom and your kids are so blessed to have you. It sounds like another girl's night would be great.

    ReplyDelete