Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend Fun

We had a wonderful weekend as a family! Friday night Steve and I went to the Indianapolis Colts' football game courtesy of tickets from Randy and Deb. We had a great time and enjoyed being able to have an excuse to go out alone together. It was a fun break!

Saturday I took the babies to some garage sales with my mom and then we had a "family" nap time, where we all rested. Then we got in the car and went for a drive in the evening. I set the GPS to go to a location and Steve had to follow where it told him to go! He did not know where our final desitination was, he just got directions one step at a time from the TomTom. It was fun to surprise him! We went down to "The Reservation" in Milan for supper and then down to Aurora where we played at the city park and walked down to see the river. It was very humid and by the time we left there, we were ready for some ice cream! We went to Dairy Queen, and let me tell you... the Tagalong Blizzard is delicious! After that we took country roads home. It was a great evening!!!

Yesterday Steve made us blueberry pancakes for breakfast. They were restaurant quality if not better! We all cleaned our plates!!! Then we headed down to Grandma and Grandpa Frye's so that Steve could work on building fence. It was a lot of fun, and I took some pictures while we were there (I wish I'd have taken some on Saturday too, but I didn't!) Anyway, here are some pictures AND a video of the boys driving the tractor. To hear the sound on the video, you may have to pause or stop the music player at the bottom of the posts.


A still shot of Avery driving the tractor.

I put Chaille on a blanket in the yard. Avery was trying to give her bunny ears from upside down!



She's started this thing where she pulls her clothing up and puts it in her mouth!


Smiling at Grandma Frye, who was talking to her.



Look how big she is! This is her new favorite pose!



Nolan with his buddy, Grandpa Frye!



Silas, who had just finished driving the tractor back from the woods! I missed getting him while he was driving! :o(



Daddy helping Nolan take a turn driving!



Life is GOOD! Daddy plays with his boys in the shade after a hard day's work!!!



Chaille practicing her favorite pose again today! She's so adorable!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for the TomTom! How romantic! Glad you had a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete