Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The bug

The stomach flu has hit our home. So far, only Silas has had it. But if I were a betting woman, I would put my money on Nolan next. He's very whiny today, and keeps asking for more to eat. Experience tells me that sick children mistake an upset tummy for hunger. But, I'm obviously praying that this is a "one and done" kind of deal. Once again, though experience tells me not to get my hopes up :)

Silas first complained of an upset stomach right at bedtime. So we were up off and on with him in the night. He finally fell asleep at a little after 3 and slept until after his brothers got up at 7:30. He says this morning that he feels better. I'm still leery of giving him any food. He's gonna have to prove it with liquids first!

I kept Avery home today for 2 reasons. First, Silas complained of feeling poorly and within the hour was vomiting. And second, Taking Avery to school and picking him up would mean that I had to take Silas out twice. Even if it is a short trip, I don't find it worth it. Now we are just praying that Avery stays healthy so that he doesn't miss 100's day tomorrow. If he does, he'll be crushed. Pray with me that Avery (and the rest of us) stays healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment