Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Walk to Remember

Living in town now, we often take walks.  Last night, Steve had to work late, and Avery's baseball game was cancelled because the fields were too wet.  So, after supper, we decided to walk to visit Grandma and Grandpa Grinstead.  As we approached the post office, I noticed that Silas had put his hand on Avery's shoulder.  They walked that way for two blocks.  It made my heart skip with joy.  I don't think I'll ever forget the way I felt when I saw this:

I know that my children "need" me, and I often worry that I'm not there for them individually enough, because I'm always so busy taking care of their collective needs.  But seeing Silas' affection towards his brother was a great reassurance to me that they also meet one another's needs.  How special to have the love of a brother (or sister!)

Grandma's house proved to be as fun as ever.  It was a beautiful night and we played outside for a couple of hours.  Here are just a few pictures of our fun (I had to use my phone camera, so they aren't the best!):


Monkeys in the tree!

Chaille wanted to try too!

The sandbox was fun for ALL! :O)

So sweet to see them all playing together!!

The slide was a hit too.  They took turns...

Even Chaille had a blast!  She's in love with it and says "slide."

More fun in the trees!  They also played baseball and hit balls onto grandma's roof to watch them roll off.  They ate mulberries off of the tress, and stomped them as well (they now have PURPLE feet!)

It was a fun, playful, and relaxing day.  We all had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful pics. I love the shadows in the pic of Avery and Silas too!

    ReplyDelete