Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We had an incredibly busy, and fun Memorial Day Weekend.  Friday was Avery's last day of school and his Field Day.  Then, on Saturday, we went down to Grandma and Grandpa Frye's so that Steve could mow hay.  The kids and I played outside all day, and they enjoyed playing in the dirt around a tree where Grandma had recently tilled up the dirt.  It was soft, and even Chaille was burying herself in the dirt!  It was so much fun to watch.  I forgot my camera, or I surely would have captured the moment when the four kids, Steve and I, and Grandma and Grandpa Frye all had popcicles together!  I'm sure there aren't too many children these days blessed with the opportunity to sit and eat popcicles with their Great-Grandparents!!!  Here is the one picture I did take that day, with my phone.  Nolan and Chaille were enjoying the dirt:



On Sunday, Steve and I took the kids down to Ceraland, where mom and dad were camping.  We spent the whole day there, and the boys even spent the night there.  Monday, Steve went to bail the hay while the kids and I went back to the campground.  I finally remembered my camera on Monday.  Here are some pictures from our fun at the campground:

Nolan was making a motor for his truck.  Chaille found a stick! :O)

Nolan didn't sleep very well for Grandma, so he layed down to play!

He was really cute though, and it reminded me so much of lazy days I had when I was a kid.

Silas loved the recliner chairs!

Avery was teasing Silas, trying to get him to get out of the chair so that he could nab it!

Nolan decided to try his hand at photography.  I deleted LOTS of photos and videos that he took (they cluttered my memory card!)  But he took a pretty good one of Papaw relaxing!

Another Nolan photo.  I thought it was so cute that his little finger was in the way!

Chaille LOVED the pool!  She had a blast cooling off from such a hot weekend!

Grandma enjoyed playing with the kids all weekend!

Avery was so grown up in the pool.  He went down the water slide on his own over and over again!

Silas loved the pool too.  After flipping upside down going down the slide the first trip, he decided to just play in the water or wait for mom to go down the slide with him!  We had a lot of fun playing tag in the water together too!

Nolan had a ball!  He got more and more brave in the water the more he played!




After we left the campgrounds, we headed to Randy and Deb's for an evening cook-out.  I must have been really excited and in a hurry, because I was using "excessive speed" as the county sheriff politely put it ;O)  Thankfully he let me off with a warning!  Whew!!  Anyway, the kids enjoyed more time in the water, as Grandpa Randy had set up the kiddie pool at the end of the slide!  We enjoyed a great holiday weekend!  I took a couple of pictures from Randy and Deb's:

Avery and Grandpa Randy!  Two really great smiles!

Silas and Grandma Debbie.  More happy faces!

I LOVE this picture of Silas. I love to see all of my children laughing!



After the busy weekend, Silas had just one last school function to attend.  His "end of year picnic" was at the park.  It was a pitch-in lunch and 3 hours of playing with his friends.  He really enjoyed himself and the chance to be the center of his mom's attention for a while.  After we left the park, I took him to buy some new boots (just like the old ones, only less dirty and not falling apart!)  And we also stopped and got him an ice cream cone.  Thank you, Grandma Debbie, for keeping the other 3 children so that Silas and I could have this special day!!!  Here are some pictures from Silas' picnic:

Telling mom stories about his friends!

Silas and his buddy, Chad.

Silas' favorite "friend" from school, Shrader.  Silas was embarassed to get his picture with her, so she and I chased him and she held him while I took the picture.  Can't you tell how "upset" Silas is by the smile on his face?!?

Silas and Shrader played for a long time.  They tied on their race down the slide!

"Hi Mom!"

A little "break" to chat with Leland.

Leland, Isaiah, and Silas talking boy talk...

Silas, Brady, and Walker riding the horse swings.  I failed to get a picture of Silas swinging his hat over his head saying "ride-on cowboy!" :OP

Ms. Liza, Silas, and Ms. Sam.  He loved his teachers this year!



Boy this post has been long and has included LOTS of pictures.  Last night, as I was showing Steve the pictures from Silas' day, Silas came down from bed.  He was having trouble sleeping.  So, we all looked at the pictures together and then played around with the camera.  We took a self-portrait before sending him back up to bed:

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic of Chaille looking at the camera where she is wearing her cute dress! So precious!

    ReplyDelete