This morning we walked Avery over for his first day of school. I find it hard to believe that he is starting into school ALL day! I didn't think it would bother me, but I'm a little sad today. I'm more sad a the realization that it seems like yesterday that I was going to school in that very same building. And I've been out of school for TWELVE years, the same number of years that he has left in school. It hit me that, as fast as these past 12 years have gone, so too will the next 12. I had to stop myself when I began thinking of the milestones that we have ahead. One day at a time!!
Avery was estatic to be going back. He met Mrs. Linder last night, and he really liked her. I think the structure she provides will be a wonderful fit for Avery. Also, If you know Avery very well, you know that he is big on counting down the days until big events. As soon as one big event passes, he's counting down to the next. Well, he has been counting down the days to start school as well as the days until we get our RV. So, while he was happy to walk to school today, he was even MORE excited about tomorrow. I love Avery and his excitement about everything in life. And then I wonder what the next big countdown will be??? Hmm....

I SO searched for a cute school background and couldn't find one. I LOVE it! I love all your pictures too! :)
ReplyDelete