Monday, February 16, 2009

Keeping My Faith

I remember vividly the way I felt when I typed THIS BLOG ENTRY. I never in a million years could have anticipated all the things God had in store for us when I typed that entry! I know that I sensed change, but could I really have known all that would happen in our lives? Let's see... Steve's deployment, an unexpected pregnancy, a new house, a promotion for Steve... I'd say that God was up to something and he was truly preparing my heart!

The wonderful thing is that we are all happily welcoming all of the changes coming up (and secretly praying that after Chaille is born that maybe we can settle in for a while!) I never want to find myself on auto-pilot, but I do want to be able to live without wondering what the next big change for us will be. God has blessed me with a great peace and sense of calm in that HE is in control. I can give Him all of my worries and enjoy the blessings He is bestowing upon us. That is the true beauty in my Christian faith.

Lately, I have been doing a great deal of praying and reflecting on my role as a mother. I want to leave a legacy for my children that will have them remembering me as a mother who, above all, loved her children! Being pregnant for practically 2 years straight has taken a toll on me, but I don't want them to know that I am feeling anything less than ready to take care of each one of their needs. I've prayed that God will give me energy and patience, when my own stores of each are lacking. It's amazing how I feel He is guiding me. Lately it is as if He has given me a new perspective on mothering. He's showing me that I have what it takes. This confidence is not meant to be confused as arrogance, because that is the last thing I want to be. But rather, this confidence is that My Heavenly Father has given me four children to take care of because He is taking care of me!

What an amazing hope I have! He hears my prayers and He is leading me daily!

3 comments:

  1. It is most interesting you have a child you named "Chaille." Chaille is my last name and I was wondering why you named your child "Chaille" and if you knew the history and meaning of the name?

    Blessings in Christ,

    Mike Chaille

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to name our daughter Chaille when she is born. It was my grandfather's middle name and his grandmother's maiden name.

    I don't know for sure the history nor the meaning of the name but we really like it. I simply have a short family geneology but the earliest name that we have was his mother.

    Do you personally know anything about the name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing! Love you! Thanks for sharing this post!

    ReplyDelete