I never want to wish my life away, not for anything! But, I'm ready to overcome a few things about the phase we are currently in... I don't want time to pass quickly, but Nolan and Chaille are in tough phases right now. Nolan is so incredibly smart, and mature beyond his 20 months of age. And he's testing his boundaries just like any two or three year old would. Today, he even bit Brady! I'm embarassed to admit it, because I feel like "bad" kids bite. Nolan is not a "bad" kid, but he does get frustrated in trying to communicate his feelings. He IS getting better at using words lately, so maybe when he can actually speak what he feels, he won't feel the need to express himself by biting, or hitting, or throwing things. But these are all things he is doing right now.
Chaille is very fun, and happy. But she is not doing the best with her sleeping. She fights naps right now and has had some days where she has barely slept 45 minutes all day. I think part of her trouble is that our schedule varies on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from our Tuesday, Thursday schedule. When Silas has preschool, we spend a lot of time in the car. The other days we are home more. But the every other day thing doesn't allow her to find a morning nap schedule. So then, it messes things up in the afternoon. I end up with her awake most afternoons, not napping until the other kids are starting to get up or even later.
I guess what is most important during these phases is for me to be consistent and loving, whether things are easy or hard. I know that "this too will pass..." and in so many ways I'm not ready for that to happen either. Time is slipping away from me too quickly as it is! Sooner than I care for it to happen, my children will be out of these "baby" stages and I'll long for them to stay little just a little longer! And that is what makes these "tough stages" so precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment