I'm all of the time telling stories about the funny things my children say. We've had several of these moments lately, so I thought I'd share a few:
First, Avery: Avery has a high school "cadet" teacher that comes every morning. Miss Heaven is her name. She drove by the house the other day and Avery was outside raking leaves with Steve. Miss Heaven said "Avery! Hey sweetheart!" Steve looked at Avery and said "What did she just call you?" Avery paused, thought, and then replied, "what are we talking about again, dad?" Very clever little boy, very clever!
And, Silas: Silas talks about girls A LOT! He points out girls that he finds to be pretty. He comes home from school talking about Shrader, who is a girl in his class. Out of the blue on Monday night, Silas asked Steve, "Dad, what does it taste like to kiss a girl?" Talk about floored!!! Steve and I exchanged glances and realized that we are going to have our hands full with this boy. He's infatuated already!!!
And Nolan: Nolan has been getting in trouble often for hitting and biting. Well, the other night I was nursing Chaille, and Nolan walked into the room. He pointed at his sister while she was nursing and said "Oh no! Sister BITING!!!" I quickly reassured him that she was just drinking her milk. Thankfully he accepted this excuse and then said "yummm.... yummy milk!" Whew!
And to add one from the past, that I always find funny (and Silas will kill me for this someday...) Over the summer, Silas had just woke up from a nap. He came down and was getting a snack, but couldn't stand still. He was dancing and holding himself, so I told him to go to the bathroom before his snack. He insisted that he didn't need to go, despite my constant pleading that, CLEARLY he did or he wouldn't be acting this way. Finally, Silas looked at me and said "I DON'T have to go to the bathroom! I'm just trying to get it to settle down!!!" Oops... Mommy was the naive one in this story. Poor boy, I had pushed him until he HAD to explain himself to me. I'll never question him again!
Stories like these happen DAILY at our house. I need to keep up with documenting them more, as they are very entertaining!
Happy Wednesday dear friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment