Tuesday, November 10, 2009

One of those days...

...where you wish you could just go back to bed and start over!!!! That is my day today!

Thankfully God has given me an extra dose of patience today, because I've needed it! I'm handling a day today, that I could have easily folded and given up long ago. Bare with me as I list to you the follies of my day:

1) Grocery shopping with an infant and a toddler. Cart isn't big enough, stuff falls out...
2) Headed to the van, pushing one cart pulling another, groceries start falling off as I try to cross traffic. Have to stop two carts rolling downhill to pick up spilled bags...
3) Rushing back to pick up Avery. Have 15 minutes to make it from Greensburg to Waldron... just so happens it takes EXACTLY 15 minutes (and praise God for a late dismissal today!)
4) Get back to Greensburg in time to get gas before picking up Silas, EXCEPT debit card is declined... then I remember something about a letter I got saying my card had been exposed to a security breech. They were supposed to mail me a new one! Never came.
5) Call Bank to be put on hold for approximately... TOO LONG with hungry, tired children asking questions all the while.
6) Bank mailed cards to old address because THEY couldn't find our new physical address (neither could Verizon, even though this house has been here for a LONG time...) Ugh...
7) New card will come in approximately 4 to 5 business days.... Praise God for checks and credit cards to help me get by!
8) Get home and start feeding children. Finally get Chaille out of her seat (which she was in from 8:30 until noon!!!) and find that she has had her Tuesday blow-out... fun stuff!
9) Things went smoothly after that until... a student loan company calls to tell me they haven't received payment (that I made online through prior mentioned BANK....) and if they don't receive payment by the weekend I will be turned into collections... WHAT???? So, not having a debit card, I made a credit card payment to cover a payment that I've ALREADY made!!! Nothing like Bank troubles. The good news is, that when both payments post, I'll be covered for that particular payment until March of 2010. In the meantime... goodness gracious!

Sometimes, I think that God gives us days like this to make us appreciate the days that go smoothly. And, I'm just praising Him for giving me this extra dose of patience. It's been a day unlike most others! I don't think I could handle stuff like this EVERY day!

On the bright side... we are stocked with groceries including diapers and baby food! The bank FINALLY corrected our address and hopefully these problems will cease. And, naptime was quiet enough that I could do some laundry, dishes, and tonight's meal prep. There is a bright side!!!

Hope your day has been much more smooth sailing than mine! If not, start looking for your bright side!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment