Friday, August 29, 2008

Update

Steve is being deployed to Houston Texas with the task force. He leaves tomorrow morning and will be stationed there until they see where Gustav hits. If they are needed, he will stay up to 12 days. He does search and rescue work for the task force and will be checking for anyone in need of help, should the storm cause any damage. Keep checking back here, and I'll keep you updated on how he is doing. Please pray for him while he's gone too :o)

Nolan had his 6 month check-up today. He's only a week shy of 7 months, but you know... Anyway, he was 20 lbs. 13 oz. and 29 3/4 in. long.... He's one big boy! The doctor was just as pleased as he can be with him. He says that developmentally he's a couple months ahead of the "average" baby. We all know that my children are far from "average" ;o) While we were there, we found out that Nolan has an ear infection though... poor baby. His first one! Oh well, that postponed his shots for 2 more weeks. There's an upside to everything! Here is a picture I took of Nolan this morning:


On another note, my boys love to play "kitchen." At home they'll use anything they can find to serve us pretend food. Well, today we went to a garage sale and Silas found a kitchen for sale. He played with it until I felt we had no choice. Plus, we know that he'll play with it, based on the fact that he always pretends to cook. So, here's a picture of Silas at the garage sale with his new kitchen:


Well, that's all of the "news" I can think of right now. I'll update as often as Steve updates me!

No comments:

Post a Comment