I'm seriously going to write a book about the things that happen in our household. Life with 4 children under 6 years old is just a riot sometimes. Tonight as I was working through a totally hilarious (and potentially overwhelming) situation, I decided "ok, this is it, the first chapter!"
Here's a picture of what it looked like... Steve calls and says he is on his way home, (hold on a sec, baby's crying. Gotta put the pacifier back in her mouth...)
Ok, I'm back... As I was saying... Steve called and was on his way home at 6 p.m. Another late evening for us. Which means things are sure to fall apart before he gets here. You see, if he were home by now he would find things in some semblance of order. Now, forget it! So, we just got home from the park where Silas scraped his arm and Nolan got soaking wet playing in a puddle. So all are thirsty, Silas is screaming that "it is getting worst" (his words not mine!) And Chaille decides that the stroller is no longer moving, so she begins crying. So... 3 bandaids later (2 for Silas' arm and 1 for Nolan to get him to stop going "uh uh uh" at me), and 3 drinks, and I'm down to just the baby crying.
I get the baby out of the stroller (which I have wheeled into the house...don't tell Steve!), and proceed to change her diaper and get her to let out a monstrous burp and a little spit up. As I'm changing her diaper the boys begin bickering (oh the noise...) and then Nolan lets himself out the front door. Holy Cow, right? There is so much going on. So, I take the baby under one arm, tell the boys to "get along" and go out to grab Nolan just as he makes it onto the front steps. I swoop him up and get an immediate scream of disapproval. Now he and Chaille are both crying and Avery and Silas are still fighting. As soon as I get into the door, I try to set Nolan down, but in his fit of rage, he throws himself down and hits his head... just at the same time as....
Mt. Saint Chaille erupts! She VOMITED all over him! Warm milky baby spit-up all over the other baby (still in his wet shorts from the park, thank goodness!) So... I wipe it up, lay Chaille in her bassinette, change Nolan, and put him in his bed. Because at this point the only way I'm going to get dinner ready is to have them napping.
And I forgot to mention that after the eruption, I erupted myself briefly at the two little boys who were still fighting over a wire whisk that they weren't supposed to have. (Nolan had done a little "magic" in the kitchen earlier today!)
So, now I have two babies laying down, doubt Nolan is sleeping, and Shay is crying again. Two boys "trying" to play nicely so as to not upset "the beast" that erupted earlier. And I must attempt to make dinner for a husband who never ate lunch today.
Wish me luck! I'm off to stick the pacifier back in and then start back to my duties...
Oh my goodness, Jen! So hilarious, but wow, I'm sure you wonder how you get through every day!
ReplyDelete