Friday, July 10, 2009

Quiet Time!!!

Here it is 6 p.m. and the babies are napping again tonight. I must say, though, that last night they never fell asleep! They stayed in their beds long enough for me to get supper on the table though! And chaos turned into a very nice evening. A great family supper, and some bonding time for everyone. (And evening naps are not our routine AT ALL!)

Tonight Avery and Silas are camping with Grandma Debbie and Papaw Randy. We had a busy day today, and the babies didn't get much napping done throughout it all, so I layed them down and have enjoyed some time to get some housework done and now some time on the computer.

It amazes me how life is just like this for us now. We go from crazy, chaotic times full of NOISE from every direction to quiet, peaceful, refreshing moments like this one I am enjoying. The only sounds I hear are the storm that is passing over and the keys as I type. REJUVINATION at its best! I'm sure that God blesses me with these moments to allow me the strength I need to make it through the madness. He continually provides in ways that blow me away. Ways that only I can notice.

Last night I took a walk with just Nolan and Shay in the stroller. It was mostly quiet, with Nolan occasionally interrupting the silence by pointing out things he saw. I could just feel a peace and the presence of comfort. We had a white butterfly follow us for such a long time. Nature is so tranquil. And the fact that Nolan notices so much of it, is amazing! He points out animals, rocks, puddles, bugs, birds, sounds... And reminds his mommy to take it all in.

So, while my post yesterday was very CRAZY and represents those moments that are hectic around here, I just wanted to share how there are many moments that are just so peaceful. And I find that both times are WONDERFUL! I cherish them both and realize how fleeting childhood really is!

I do want to add some pictures from our week! We had a lot of fun, and officially went to the park 4 out of 5 days (the other day we went swimming!) So, we've stayed busy, and all of the fun has been FREE which makes it even better :o)

Silas and Avery enjoy swinging at the school park.

So does Nolan, although I think he fell off because he kept trying to point at a trash truck!

Sweet Baby Girl sleeping this morning!


Best Girl Friends!!!

Shay and Grandma swinging at the park in Greensburg. What a fun day!

Silas feeding the birds. He let one goose eat right out of his hands. That is totally out of character for Si! It was really fun to watch!

Nolan watching the squirrels. There were 4 of them! So fun!

Avery LOVED feeding the ducks. He made his bread last a LONG time! I loved to hear him laugh as he fed them!


A stand-off with the squirrels!


A baby praying mantiss. I love the way his shadow looks on the red bench!










No comments:

Post a Comment