Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The BEST Daddy!

My children have been blessed with the most WONDERFUL father. Steve genuinely cares for his kids with everything he has. And he shows them! After going to Randy and Deb's house on Christmas, we spent the next 3 days at home. All day every day. It was great family time. Steve played with the kids so much and they definitely enjoyed his presence! The day after Christmas, Steve was washing dishes (which is heroic, in itself if you ask me!) and the boys wanted to help. So here he is, washing dishes with Nolan dropping them in and Silas rinsing the clean dishes:

Then, on Sunday, Steve cleaned out space in the basement to build a workshop. Avery and Silas had each gotten kits to build something for Christmas. Silas had a car, and Avery had a birdhouse. Steve worked with them to build them. He did one step with one boy and then one step with the other. It was super sweet, and they had so much fun. And the quality time they got with their dad, priceless! Here are a couple of pictures:


Last night I had Bible Study. Steve had "boys" night while I was away and they all played the Wii. Nolan got bored and wanted to take a bath. So, Steve took Little Bear to the tub. He said that the two of them had so much fun, talking and playing together. How precious! I obviously didn't get pictures of that time, but I find this picture of daddy and his little guy to be so sweet:




And this one too: Daddy and his little girl also get to spend precious time together. She has him wrapped around her little finger already! She looks at him with stars in her eyes. (and I don't blame her!) He makes sure that she gets time with him every day. Sometimes he even asks me to "let" her stay with him when I have something I need to do. What a wonderful daddy this sweet little lady has:



I feel incredibly blessed to call this man my husband. Steve is an amazing man, with so many great qualities. He takes care of ALL of us! I'm so proud that I am the woman that he comes home to and has chosen to spend his life with. We have one pretty WONDERFUL family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment