Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Family and Friends, I hope that 2010 proves to be your best year ever. And I hope the same for this family! I'm tired of BIG changes and ready for a year of growth, change, and a little bit of routine.

I have always found it sort of silly to "resolve" to start something just because it is a new year. I mean, if you want to change, why not change immediately? But, for some reason, this year I feel compelled to make some resolutions. I think I've very much let myself go since Chaille was born. So, I'm making some resolutions this year. I'm not going to necessarily put numbers on things, I'm just wanting to change my lifestyle to be healthier. Maybe some of this is because it is a new year, and the other is because I'm turning THIRTY!!!

So, without further explaination, here are my resolutions (and yes, I'm nervous to publish them...):

1) I am going to get back into a routine of working out. This will mean getting up before the kids to get it done. My goal is Monday - Friday, but to be realistic, I will say at least 3 days a week!

2) I am going to start making healthier choices when eating, and passing healthier habits onto my children!

3) I'm going to start being honest, even if it is hard. Not that I am dishonest now... but I just omit my opinion sometimes or lie and say things are "fine" even when they aren't. I want to learn to express my feelings in words.

4) This is always something I strive to do, but I want to continue to grow spiritually. I'd like to continue my Bible Study, even when Esther is over. I also want to pass healthy spiritual habits on to my children.

5) Last but not least, I want to find a cause to give myself to. I have a real desire to serve others. And I don't have a lot of resources. But I'd like to be able to give some of my time, energy, and talent to something beyond these four walls. I've thought about using my knowledge to lead free fitness classes, or mommy and me classes, etc. And I've thought about creating a support group for other stay at home moms. I really want to do some soul searching and see what I can do with my limited time and resources!

OK, five resolutions is probably more than enough. I pray that God gives me the strength and motivation to stick with these things. My heart is ready and I'm poised to begin. May 2010 be my BEST year ever, and yours too!

1 comment: