Today was Steve's birthday. The kids had a lot of fun picking out his cake and gifts to make for him. I wanted something that they could make for him themselves, and we searched the craft department. I had hoped the perfect idea would hit me when I saw it. I found a kit to make coffee mugs for $10 for 2 mugs. SCORE. Everything they needed was in the box! It was so fun to watch them paint the mugs, and they were so proud of their work.
![]() |
| You can tell by the teeth that Chaille was a little unsure of what we were doing. Thankfully the paint was non-toxic.... I think!?! |
![]() |
| He was very intent! And I was impressed at him painting with his "cast hand!" |
![]() |
| Nolan didn't quite get it either, but he had fun anyway. |
![]() |
| Avery had a plan and stuck with it. He wanted a camping scene with a fire and a tent. |
![]() |
| All of the kids working, sans shirts, so that we didn't ruin any clothing! |
![]() |
| Looks like it was a good thing they didn't have shirts on, huh? She was "art" herself. LOL |
![]() |
| Super Dad! Happy Birthday!! |
![]() |
| The finished products. I'm sure Steve can't wait to drink out of these mugs... Ha ha ha... |
![]() |
| We had to have cake and ice cream to celebrate the day!! Happy Birthday, sweetheart!!! |










Awesome idea! The kids mugs turned out so cute!
ReplyDelete