Friday, December 4, 2009

Little Bear

Little Bear is the nickname we use for Nolan. I don't know exactly why it fits him. Maybe it is his deep brown eyes and his dark skin. Maybe it is his personality. I'm not sure. But, for whatever reason, Nolan is our "Little Bear."

This morning I was trying to get my Little Bear to tell me what he wanted for breakfast. I listed several options and he kept saying no. Finally, I said "do you want ANY thing for breakfast?" His response, which I found to be quite advanced for 22 months old, was "no, nuffin." ( I had to spell it the way it sounded because it was very adorable!) .

Anyway, our Little Bear has quite the personality these days. I thought I'd share some of his favorites right now.

*He LOVES movie nights. He wants popcorn and water or hot chocolate and marshmellows AND the fireplace on with his movies.

*He is a big fan of hugs lately. And he uses it as a distraction tool when he is in trouble! "hug, hug." He says when he knows he might be about to be punished.

*He is in love with trucks. He points them out left and right. Now if we can just get him to pronounce the TR sound. He makes the F sound and occasionally gives it an FR. It can be quite embarassing when he yells this word in public! I promise we aren't teaching him bad words!!!

*He is really trying lately to be one of the big boys. He wants to do everything the same as them and uses the phrase "I go too," quite often. We have to bribe him with movie nights when the boys go to basketball practice.

*He loves Chaille and talks about her a lot. He calls her "Shay" just like the older boys. He knows which toys and such are hers and points out every time he is playing with "Shay's toy!"

*He sleeps with several stuffed animals at night. And he likes to stall bedtime by holding them up one by one for mommy and daddy to kiss. He's a sneakly Little Bear and tries to sneak some of the animals more than one kiss. He stalls with the best of them. He is wonderful about going to bed though and never makes a peep once we close the door. He and Avery are so much alike in that regard!

*He has learned that he is allowed to have a say in what goes in his cups. And he likes to switch it up from one thing to the next. It is not uncommon in a day for me to have 3 cups in the fridge with 3 different drinks in it for him. And when he comes to ask for them, he knows exactly which one he wants at that moment!

Ok, I think that is enough for now about our precious "Little Bear." I just wanted to make sure that we remember this time of transition for him as he tries to become a big boy. There are so many cute characteristics of this age!

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute. Little Bear was always one of my favorite series when I was a teacher. I love the books. He is such a great little talker and seems like he is already two.

    ReplyDelete