Monday, November 29, 2010

Just a day, Just an "ordinary" day...

... just trying to get by :O)

Ok, I'm being silly.  It's a Vanessa Carlton song.  Yes, the fact that I quoted this song means I'm OLD!!!

Anyway.... I usually blog because we've been up to something fun, or different, or somewhat exciting.  But this time, nope.  I'm blogging about an ordinary day.  We did make it out to the grocery this morning! That was our excitement for this ordinary day.  And it was fun and enough work for one day, by the time you handle each grocery item 6 times (into the cart, onto the conveyer, back into the cart, into the van, into the house, and into the pantry/fridge)  Add keeping 2 children safe and behaving appropriately for public eyes to the mix, and it can be tough.  Thankfully, today, we handled it pretty well.  I do need to give props to the people at Hostess for making the chocolate donuts that entertained for at least half of the trip ;O)  I actually kind of "enjoyed" this trip with the little ones.  They won't be little like this and such big helpers forever, you know?

Here are some pictures from our "ordinary day" with an added grocery trip!


Chaille in the check-out lane.  She made a game out of throwing stuff out of the cart... The salad in her hands was truly "tossed!"

I had the camera in my pocket and we were waiting for someone to pick out some cottage cheese, so I snapped a picture.  Nolan wanted me to photograph the football, it took all I had to get his face in the picture!

The coveted prize for being good for 60 to 90 minutes in the grocery... A SUCKER!!

Nolan picked out ring pops this time.  And he wore daddy's hat through the store.  Too cute.  He said he  needed it because his hair looked bad.  It just so happens that daddy said he was wearing his hat for that very reason yesterday, so Nolan must've thought that was a good enough reason for him too!

While mommy carried grocerys in and put them away (and snapped a few pictures) the children enjoyed the sunny day by playing on the swingset.
Silas was sitting her like a good boy at this time.  He came running in later and told me that even with his cast on he can still do the monkey bars... OH MY GOODNESS!!! I asked him to refrain from doing it any more until he gets the current cast off tomorrow!!!  Seriously. He is a monkey!

Chaille kept trying to climb UP the slide.  I found it adorable when she came in all muddy, though I'm not sure why.

Chaille has discovered the boxes that I put out every year at Christmas.  These boxes have been through SO MUCH in their lifetime.  But they are one of the few decorations that we have that are "kid-friendly."


So, as you can tell, our ordinary days are nothing special, yet the are something to treasure greatly.  I know that someday my grocery trips will be much more simple, but I think they will likely be somewhat lonely too.  I like to think that these "little helpers" will remember these times and the suckers they earned, and that someday they will smile as they reward their own children after a successful trip to the grocery!

1 comment:

  1. We always got a cookie when we shoPped as kids- of course that was the days of when cub foods existed and had a kids cookie club! What great memories- its the simple things they will remember! I even won a stocking and a few coloring contests at cub foods as a kid!

    ReplyDelete