Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January days

Today, we are getting another significant snow fall.  I'd say we've gotten at least 4 inches since early this
morning.  It is really pretty, and I enjoyed watching some of the big flakes fall this morning.  It was so tranquil and beautiful!

Avery's school dismissed early today, and I chose to keep Silas home today because of the forecast.  I sure am glad that I did.  I did not care to chance it today, with his preschool being 20 minutes away.  We had a fun morning, and I know that Nolan greatly enjoyed having Silas here to play with.  This afternoon the little ones are napping while Avery, Silas, and I are watching a Looney Toones movie together.  The fireplace is going and I just rearranged the living room, so it feels especially cozy!  Avery asked why I needed to move the furniture around, and to be honest it is to keep me from losing my sanity on these long winters days!  Something about changing up the scenery makes it a little more bearable :O)  My husband thinks I'm a tad crazy, but that's ok with me.  I know I am! LOL

Early January is usually pretty uneventful for this family, and this year is no exception!  We've done a lot of family bonding, and it has been great.  We are just thriving on our ROUTINE, and that routine has included lots of playing, books, movies, wii games, meals, baths, and pajamas!  I just love it.  We are experiencing those "Ordinary Days" that I posted this video about a year ago.  (click on the words to view... the video might make you cry, but it will remind you of how precious these days are!)  I'm cherishing them one ordinary day at a time!

So, if I'm not around much, it isn't because things aren't going well, it is because they are going GREAT.  The days just aren't unique and the pictures start to look the same, but the days are perfect in their own ordinary way.  This is what childhood should be like!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment