Last night was another sleepless one at our house. Ok, not completely sleepless, but definitely one of interrupted sleep. In the past week or so, we've failed to sleep ALL night without interruption. Most nights it has been a pretty quick up and back down once or twice, but last night Silas was up SEVERAL times with his cough. It was keeping him from sleeping. I finally moved him to the couch, but he still was pretty restless. And then, after being up with Silas so much, I woke to the sound of Nolan falling out of bed. I ran up to check on him, and he was fine, even though he was crying hysterically. After a round of drinks for he and Chaille, I finally got them both back to sleep again too. Unfortunately, Steve had stayed at the station last night in order to get some work done. He has SO much going on right now, that he needs to put in the time!
I kept Silas home because of his cough, and am glad that I did. He has developed a fever, which has stayed low grade today. He was at a 99.1 before lunch. We'll see what happens as the day turns into evening!
Avery, however, returned to school today and said that he did fine. I'm so glad that he is feeling better!!
This morning, Chaille insisted on wearing her coat and her boots. The funny thing is that I had peeled her out of her jammies, but had yet to dress her for the day so that was ALL she was wearing. She was pretty cute in her self-chosen outfit! (please don't call CPS, I promise I didn't take her out in this outfit:)
 |
| What a cute pose though, huh??? |
 |
| I'm so glad that this boy is feeling better! |
 |
| So far, so good for this one too. Besides a dirty face and nose, he is doing great! Can't believe he'll be 3 in less than 2 weeks!!! |
 |
| A pretty good smile for a boy with a bad cough and a slight fever :O) |
 |
| I have a love/hate relationship with these stupid foam blocks. The kids love them, and I love the fact that they are quiet and don't hurt the hardwood floors. But, I hate the way the kids find it okay to throw them EVERYWHERE because they "don't hurt." And they easily slide under, behind, between the couches, chairs, beds, etc. I find them all over the house, long after they've been put away. Oh, and I store them with the legos, so it is a given that when one comes out, so does the other. So, today I have a floor covered in foam blocks, and a kitchen table covered in legos. Good thing we have new "chore charts" to bribe the kids to pick them up on their own later. But... the chore charts are a blog post that I'll make later. You'll see them soon :O) |
No comments:
Post a Comment