Sunday, January 9, 2011

Where we've been, in pictures:

 To be quite honest, we've just been busy "doing our thing" since we rang in the new year.  If no news is good news, then this family has had lots of "good news" lately.  I love our routine life!  I do have some pictures that I haven't shared, so I picked a few to sum up what we've been doing lately:

Grandma and Nolan bonding over books.  This is something they BOTH enjoy greatly and I find it to be so incredibly special.  In this picture, he is rubbing his hair because he is STRESSING his upcoming haircut.

Grandpa has a barber chair, so the men in the family use Grandpa's basement as their barber shop.  Silas was happy to finally get his hair cut.  It was getting quite long!

Chaille lucks out and just gets to play while the boys are busy doing haircuts.  I think we had eaten chili that night, so we took off her clothes to save them from stains.  If not, I'm not sure WHY she was almost naked!

Nolan is NOT a good boy for haircuts.  Steve took a break from the 45 minute ordeal to let Nolan try a turn at cutting daddy's hair.  Unfortunately, this didn't help.  He seriously acts traumatized by his haircuts.  And as soon as it is over, the terror ends!

Nolan wanted to take pictures with my camera.  I think he's a little too close, but I applaud his effort ;o)

Who could Silas possibly be talking to on the phone???

Avery, of course!

This may be his last haircut EVER!  We've seriously been talking about seeing what happens as it grows out.  He acts THAT bad!

Grandpa and his buddy.  He SPOILS her so badly.  She is eating a brownie here that mommy and daddy told her no about.  No wonder she cheers when we tell her we are going to visit!!!

This week, Chaille decided that she doesn't HAVE to stay in her bed at naptime or bedtime.  This picture is of her feet behind the door.  On Wednesday, she never napped all day because she wouldn't stay in her bed!!!


After HOURS of struggling with her, trying to get her to stay in her bed for her nap, I finally gave up.  I let her get up and we read books together.  And what else would we read about, except for...
Daddies of course!  She was so happy here.  But that didn't last long.  She was quite the grump the rest of the afternoon and evening.  When the problem continued into the night, we finally outsmarted her with the playpen.  You know what happened then??? She cheered "YAY, night night!"  What??? Oh well, she went right back to staying in her bed on Thursday.  Until naptime today... (Oh the joys of parenting toddlers :O)  I wouldn't trade it for the world!)

No comments:

Post a Comment