One of the nice things about all of the down time that he has had this week is that we have been able to communicate very often. We text more than we talk, but it has been fun to stay connected throughout our days. It's not likely that many couples have the opportunity to grow closer together with such a distance between them. But, we have! Being apart has forced us to communicate better than we probably ever have. I miss him dearly, but I treasure the way our relationship has grown over the last twelve days.
And...I had a fun surprise at my door yesterday. Take a look:
My sweet husband took the time to find a florist and have these sent to me. They are pink roses. Pink is my favorite color! He's really the best!!!
Ike is scheduled to make landfall late Friday or early Saturday. After Ike hits and they can assess what work needs done, then we can start the countdown until Steve comes home. My prediction would be no sooner than next Wednesday if it doesn't do much damage like Gustav. However, it could be as late as next weekend or early the following week if Ike is as powerful as they are predicting. For now, patience and prayer are getting me through. I've never been much of a patient person... but I'm learning!
The children are doing very wonderfully through it all. Isn't it amazing how resilient they can be? I'm so stinking proud of them!
One final note... I think this was it. I think this is what God was preparing me for a couple weeks ago when I said that I felt change was on the way. We've had big changes around here through all this. And the best thing is that I feel that our marriage relationship has strengthened greatly, and that is amazing given the separation we are experiencing. God is faithful! He's really allowed us to thrive through what could be a very difficult time for us! I'll forever praise Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment