Have you heard that song? It's a country song and I couldn't even tell you too much about it except for that in it George Straight sings of all of these moments in his life where he "sees" God. More like feels his presence probably, but you get my point.
Anyway, in accordance with that song... I saw God this evening. Not actually saw, but you know, felt his presence. Here's the scenario: I am tired and I feel like I was at a point of dispair almost, when God revealed Himself to me. I was on my way home from my mom and dad's with the boys, and I felt like I wouldn't even be able to muster the strength to get them into bed tonight. I prayed to make it through it. My prayers were interrupted by the phone ringing. It was Steve! It immediately lifts my spirits to hear from him anyway, but tonight he had a special request. He wanted me to use the speakerphone on my cell phone to allow him to help me tuck the boys into bed. I never even had to ask! God provided and I hadn't even had a chance to finish my prayer. Steve was a Godsend to me. And, you know, this was the best bedtime we've had since he left. I can just imagine how God heard me crying out and then put it on Steve's heart that he should call and do that for the boys. It was such a relief, and a blessing.
The best part is... most nights when I tuck them in they are rowdy and I frequently have to go in and get on them. Tonight... silence! I feel Him, I hear Him, and I'm praising Him right now for his mercy on this poor tired mother. Nolan also went to bed awake and yet is not making a peep. He NEVER goes to bed this easily. I know I'm seeing God today. And all I know to do is to share it with you!
As for Steve, he is in Lafayette Louisiana. He will probably be there for a few days until the storm takes a more definitive path. I think the team is pretty bored at this point, just hanging around and waiting for Ike. I'll update you on them when there is news other than the fact that they are bored and waiting!
Dear friends and family please continue to pray for us. Pray for Steve as he is away. Pray that he will be healthy and safe. Pray that he will find contentment with where he is. Pray for the boys and I. That we will be healthy, safe, and patient with one another. Pray that we will also be content as we spend this time away from Daddy. We have an amazing God who will provide for us, and we appreciate all of your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment