Well Ike is moving out of the Houston area. Later today and into tomorrow they will be more able to assess the damage and put our team to work! Steve predicted to me that they will be in the Port Arthur area, but that is not confirmed at this point. He also is thinking that their work won't take just too long. I pray that is true.
You know, now that the storm has passed, my spirits are lifting. I've had a great morning with my children and really have enjoyed the time we've had together to play. Steve has been in communication with me off and on this morning, and that has been a relief as well. His spirits are good too. I think he's ready to do what he has been trained to do after waiting for 15 days for something!
Sorry for yesterday's vent about my emotion. I'm not going to delete it because I am human, and I have days where it is hard to be optimistic. While I want to be a Christian example for those around me, I cannot hide the fact that I too experience many trials in my walk. The important thing is that nothing ever changes what I believe, and that I don't lose Faith in my God. I'll never change that!
So, I feel like I'm back on track. Ready to tackle this last little stretch head on! And, soon, I hope that this blog will be more about the fun things in our lives and less about Steve being gone! Thanks for hanging with us through it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment